Akinomaki

New kesho mawashi

9 hours ago, Yamanashi said:

'The question is, how much more black could this be, and the answer is.....none......none'

That film is honestly, one of the funniest ever.  But now you've got me thinking of the fast shows 'black', but only Brits will know that one, it's about a guy that goes mad whenever he hears the word.

https://youtu.be/IIW9sL-Yf6Q?feature=shared

Edited by Bugman Re-Hatched
  • Haha 1

Kotozakura before the basho got a kesho mawashi from construction contracting company Kumagai-gumi, the former company president was head of the koenkai of Kotozakura I  and since then the company continued relations with the heya https://www.kumagaigumi.co.jp/news/2024/nw-20240829-1.html

Presentation on Aug. 26th

news-images-20240829-commemorative-photo

It shows the company mascot character Kuma-shocho on the colour of the company flag, with 15 sakura flowers to represent 15-0 zensho and ozeki colour for the fringe and tassels

news-images-20240829-commemorative-photo

Kotozakura said it's his first with ozeki&above only allowed purple tassels - he used it on day 1 (till day 5) and for the first time since ozeki promotion started with a win o

WWCG5T3SBZNDDB6C3YMHRRRIYM.jpg

The new one today also has purple tassels

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

f_18107147.jpgo

You just made me aware that this song is known outside Spain. It's a spanish band, I've known it all my life (though I'm quite younger than the song, ahem), but I just thought it was not an international success. I have my hands in my head just as the lady in the back of the picture, in utter stupor.

8 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

WWCG5T3SBZNDDB6C3YMHRRRIYM.jpg

A furball wearing a hard hat with his dong hanging out. Sure, that'll make it as a mascot.

Edited by Oskanohana

Takerufuji on day 6 also changed  - from black to red, hopefully that won't make a minus result.

The crow is not just a crow but the Yatagarasu, the 3 legged mythical crow o

4MQATVOOGNMCXBQZ4CDJ3WIKR4.jpg

The real estate company Ace corporation president and chief priest Ishikawa of the Shiroyama Kumano shrine in Tokyo's Itabashi ward presented it to him, the design is by Manabu Mizuno, who also designed Kumamon. The Yatagarasu is the symbol of the shrine, with the hope for revival, recovery and restart. Ishikawa: "A rikishi has to look good. I heard Takerufuji likes black and made it black on black"

https://shiroyamakumano-jinja.jp/

logo_scroll.png

He aims for a yusho portrait with this one on it.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Oskanohana said:

You just made me aware that this song is known outside Spain.

I remember them (because I'm old ... )

I thought they were a Mexican-American band; there were a few with hit songs around that time, like Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs, ? and the Mysterians, and The Champs.  "Black is Black" was quite a vibe.

Ok, if we're headed off topic... I was only three in 1966, and while I remember 'Yellow Submarine' being on the radio, my first memory of 'Black is Black' is La Belle Epoque's disco version, which went to no. 2 on the UK chart in 1977.
It was only when I got older and switched from Radio 1 to Radio 2 that I started to hear original versions of many songs that I'd had no idea were covers, Los Bravos' 'Black is Black' included.

I wonder if Takerufuji would be a goth if he wasn't a rikishi...

• Haha 1

On 13/09/2024 at 22:36, Akinomaki said:

Takerufuji on day 6 also changed  - from black to red, hopefully that won't make a minus result.

The crow is not just a crow but the Yatagarasu, the 3 legged mythical crow o

logo_scroll.png

He aims for a yusho portrait with this one on it.

If he wears this kesho mawashi again in the future, you can say that he's back in black

BTW, if there's a 3-legged crow and a 3-eyed raven, does this mean there is also a 3-winged magpie in some obscure lore?

On 14/09/2024 at 08:48, Yamanashi said:

I thought they were a Mexican-American band; there were a few with hit songs around that time, like Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs, ? and the Mysterians, and The Champs.  "Black is Black" was quite a vibe.

Everything spanish-sounding is fking mexican in english-speaking countries. Wait till you discover that the Gipsy Kings are actually french.

And just let me add that I was puzzled when I saw the Scotland football team celebrate their wins with the boogie. At least I knew that song was of international fame, but oh boy, the spanglish accent is hard on this one.

I think that kesho mawashi is actually a red door.

5 hours ago, Oskanohana said:

Everything spanish-sounding is fking mexican in english-speaking countries.

Sorry to be part of the "booboisie" (that sounds kinda French, huh?). In my poor defense:

1) They released this in 1966; I was a very young Californian, and wasn't the suave citizen-of-the-world I am now(Shakinghead...).

2) Actually the song as sung sounded American, much more so than, say, "Donna" by Richard Stephen Valenzuela (Ritchie Valens) from Pacoima, California. 

3) In fact, the only thing that suggest they were maybe Mexican-American to me was the name "Los Bravos", which is certainly a Mexican title.

4) I didn't know many words in Spanish from Spain, since all my six years of Spanish turned out to be based on Mexico and Central America.

5) Some of our Forum denizens will be intrigued to know that (according to Wikipedia) the lead singer in Los Bravos has the un-Castillian name Mike Kogel and was born in Berlin.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Yamanashi said:

Sorry to be part of the "booboisie" (that sounds kinda French, huh?). In my poor defense: 

Don't worry, it's not your fault. You learnt it from your forefathers, those pirates over on that rotten island north of europe.

3) In fact, the only thing that suggest they were maybe Mexican-American to me was the name "Los Bravos", which is certainly a Mexican title.

(Blowingupfuriously...)

5) Some of our Forum denizens will be intrigued to know that (according to Wikipedia) the lead singer in Los Bravos has the un-Castillian name Mike Kogel and was born in Berlin. 

And he was the only one from the group who could perform at the London studios recordings, because of some union bullcrap, probably because of Brexit. Surely Nigel Farage, even as a toddler, was involved somehow. One of the musicians that played in the "Black is black "original recording is actually Jimmy Page, yes, the Led Zeppelin one. Go figure.

OK, I'll stop the (Iamgoingoff-topic...). We're here to see dongs and trunks on kesho mawashi. Nabatame had an elephant themed one. That must be the longest.

• Like 1

After the 2 new black and red ones - the red has a face close-up of the same Goshogawara Susannoo-no-mikoto tachi-neputa as on the one from his local Goshogawara koenkai - he used the white one he got for juryo promotion

202409210000728-w200_6.jpgo

On 17/01/2024 at 23:02, Akinomaki said:

The first 4 days Takerufuji used one from the koenkai, sponsored by Ginza Sushi-dokoro Ishihara, showing his namesake Yamato Takeru 

he brought it to NHK today o

Abema reported the fans were intrigued by seeing another new one - they have a very short memory.

He didn't use the 2 he got for makuuchi promotion from Goshogawara, and also not the one from Nichidai - Nichidai hadn't posted the presentation, it only was on yahoo news, not shown in Europe o

http://sports-pctr.c.yimg.jp/dk/iwiz-sports/text/images/2024/0113/2024011300012-spnaviow_1705108646_view.jpeg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

The hometown Fujisaki of Onosato I in Aomori pref. wants to give O2 a kesho mawashi with Fuji apple - Fujisaki is the origin place of that variety. A local koenkai for Onosato II will be formed there, which presents him with the kesho mawashi. o

title_logo.pngimg_50425af294e1098b2ed85c801e29e34b2679

• Like 4