Kintamayama

The end?

2 hours ago, Muhomatsu said:

and me. 

At one point, I need to have a beer with Kintamayama (I'll buy, and it does not have to be beer!).  Not only as a very, very, very small token of appreciation for all his hard work over the years, but also to share some time with a kindred spirit.  Often the exact thoughts in my mind appear in the commentary post-match.  I do not know how you do it, but they can be word-for-word.  Call it preaching to the choir, call it what you will - I am sometimes shocked by it still.

ko-fi.com

4 hours ago, Muhomatsu said:

and me. 

At one point, I need to have a beer with Kintamayama (I'll buy, and it does not have to be beer!). 

Any time.. 

20 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Any time.. 

Let me know when you are on the East Coast of the USA.  You have an open invite to 喰道楽 アメリカ支店.  Ⅰ have some good 蜂酒 that we could share.

• Like 1

After reaching double digits, Natto now names the channel after the basho to start at count 1 again - not the end, a new start

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

Looks like the end after all - no new Natto channel today

He just shifted to a wholly different username (I'm not sure that I can link him here). Look up for the usual video format for Day 3, we get that's him because of his usual ko-fi account linked in his first comment.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hankegami said:

He just shifted to a wholly different username (I'm not sure that I can link him here). Look up for the usual video format for Day 3, we get that's him because of his usual ko-fi account linked in his first comment.

There are plenty of channels reposting his videos, but now day 3 videos actually have appeared - they didn't show in the search when I posted the above

4 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

If the end comes, it will be announced in the places those in the know check (over 8k of us). No need to panic.

On 12/09/2023 at 06:26, Akinomaki said:

I have been watching his channels on Rumble.  No disruptions there.

1 hour ago, Muhomatsu said:

I have been watching his channels on Rumble.  No disruptions there.

I also switched there after today his channel got emptied again - still several basho available and in better quality. Looking for a new channel every other day is becoming tedious. The end was concerning YT all along.

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

. The end was concerning YT all along.

It was actually concerning me.. I used to have 20000 views a day, now I'm down to 1000 on a good day.. The change came when I switched to English, and also because I announced my retirement about a thousand times. I actually never missed a day, except when I was in Tokyo for a few days. I still get a lot of "Wow, you're back" comments and i never even left. Gambarimasu! Day by day etc.. I'll probably retire after this basho. 

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Sad 6

32 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

.. I'll probably retire after this basho. 

If this is the reaction you're waiting for, here it is.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by Athenayama
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

I'll probably retire after this basho. 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

55 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

It was actually concerning me.. I used to have 20000 views a day, now I'm down to 1000 on a good day.. The change came when I switched to English, and also because I announced my retirement about a thousand times. I actually never missed a day, except when I was in Tokyo for a few days. I still get a lot of "Wow, you're back" comments and i never even left. Gambarimasu! Day by day etc.. I'll probably retire after this basho. 

I can only reiterate how much I would miss your digests. As far as I'm concerned, they're irreplaceable. Whichever way you decide to go, I can't thank you enough for all you've done for the international sumo community at large. But also, very much hoping you continue producing the regular basho content! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

It was actually concerning me

Concerning You on You-t. But now you have diversified as well, using other platforms, so you only have to retire from YT and can go on elsewhere. And unlike in ozumo, you can un-retire anytime you like - so no need to do it in the first place: do it like me, go into and out of indefinite kyujo.

I'm always glad when I find something just as good or better on other platforms than YT - that thing sucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I’ll be sad if you do, if it wasn’t for a video of yours on YouTube I doubt I’d have ever found sumo. 

1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

Concerning You on You-t. But now you have diversified as well, using other platforms, so you only have to retire from YT and can go on elsewhere. And unlike in ozumo, you can un-retire anytime you like - so no need to do it in the first place: do it like me, go into and out of indefinite kyujo.

I'm always glad when I find something just as good or better on other platforms than YT - that thing sucks.

I think what is "hurting" most our venerable @Kintamayama is the number of viewers (which I fully understand). Even if he's using other platforms he'll mot likely never reach again the number of viewers he used to have and the main reason for that is the "witch hunt" on YT....

5 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I'll probably retire after this basho. 

1001.;-)

8 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I think the drop in your views might be because a lot of people don't know that you're still going; your Mord Dresner channel doesn't come up if you search Kintamayama, and what even IS a Mord Dresner anyway? :-D People don't realise it's you.

NHK basically have someone full time blocking Natto's videos at this point, someone seems to sit down at his desk at 9am JST and then sends out the daily takedown notices. He's decided to unlist his videos and only post the links in his Discord server now to see if that works, which will lead to a significant hit in views just because people won't know and give up. He has Rumble/Odysee/Telegram/BiliBili channels to as backups, but people just don't use those websites unless they have to. It's becoming very tedious dealing with Youtube at this point.

But yeah for yourself, people don't realise you're still going, hence the "you're back" comments because to them you vanished when the old channel went down. It's pretty hard to address the rabble of western sumo fans because there's no one place where they all hang out. 

15 minutes ago, Hidenotora said:

He has Rumble/Odysee/Telegram/BiliBili channels to as backups, but people just don't use those websites unless they have to. It's becoming very tedious dealing with Youtube at this point.

The vast majority of people seem to refuse to accept that other options even exist. If you really want to watch it, sumo is still easy to find and no hassle at all - but every single time natto youtube goes down, there's tens or hundreds of comments about how they can't watch sumo anymore. For me I'm still using the youtube uploads over rumble for the most part, for two reasons: the timestamps for the matches get posted there, and the videos go up sooner (usually). 

9 hours ago, Athenayama said:

If this is the reaction you're waiting for, here it is.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

No, it was meant as a joke, which came right after I mentioned I retire daily..

1 hour ago, Kintamayama said:

No, it was meant as a joke, which came right after I mentioned I retire daily..

I figured that but the "scream" still stands just in case... ;-)

4 hours ago, Yarimotsu said:

The vast majority of people seem to refuse to accept that other options even exist. If you really want to watch it, sumo is still easy to find and no hassle at all - but every single time natto youtube goes down, there's tens or hundreds of comments about how they can't watch sumo anymore. For me I'm still using the youtube uploads over rumble for the most part, for two reasons: the timestamps for the matches get posted there, and the videos go up sooner (usually). 

Off topic, but this single source domination happened to the Internet in general for a while now. Most people have congegrated into a few major sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc and are simply helpless or downright refuse to go anywhere else if the content stops appearing on those sites. The Internet used to be vibrant and diverse, now most of the traffic is hogged by the major companies. I guess on one hand it's convenience and on the other fear of unknown sites. 

Back somewhat on topic, I can only echo what everyone has said in support of the venerable Mr. Kintamayama. A big part of sumo would go missing if you would stop. But I can also understand the frustration that comes with providing these valuable videos. In any case, it's much appreciated! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hidenotora said:

NHK basically have someone full time blocking Natto's videos at this point, someone seems to sit down at his desk at 9am JST and then sends out the daily takedown notices. He's decided to unlist his videos and only post the links in his Discord server now to see if that works, which will lead to a significant hit in views just because people won't know and give up. He has Rumble/Odysee/Telegram/BiliBili channels to as backups, but people just don't use those websites unless they have to. It's becoming very tedious dealing with Youtube at this point.

Not just on YT, also his posts on ex-Tw. announcing links get blocked shortly after - hopefully more people turn their back on these sites and use platforms more friendly to human culture

5 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

I mentioned I retire daily..

I think you need to cheer up a bit and stop repeating these depressing words. You have sumo and music, that should be enough to cure any dark thought

• Like 1