Akinomaki

Aki 2023 discussion (results)

I hope Atamifuji loses a few, simply in order to have some excitement in the final days. Nothing against Atamifuji, just don't want to see the yusho decided on day 13 or so. 

• Like 1

The bout between Oshoumi and Asahakuryu was chef's kiss. Can't we get both guys in juryo already?

Interesting how Hitoshi took a while to get up, was clearing limping, got forced into a torinaoshi and still won. I sure hope he gets promoted because he totally deserves it, as well.

(Yeah, if it depended on me, juryo would be as large as makuuchi...)

• Like 1

I hope Takakeisho will give it a serious go tomorrow. The yusho is not lost yet, so he should have some motivation to keep going for at least a few more days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koorifuu said:

(Yeah, if it depended on me, juryo would be as large as makuuchi...)

YES! With 21 Juryo ranks we could have Shimanoumi for years and years! (W00t,w00t,w00t...)

• Haha 9
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

There is a close to zero chance that Takakeisho will win more than 2 of the 4 remaining bouts - he only once won more than 8 when he cleared his frequent kadoban and then it were 10 - and he really isn't in good form, especially after today: he'll rather go kyujo tomorrow, like Nagoya 2020

He might not be in his best form but he's still doing better than everyone else in the top half of Makuuchi. You don't think he thinks he's got a chance of winning it?

25 minutes ago, Octofuji said:

He might not be in his best form but he's still doing better than everyone else in the top half of Makuuchi. You don't think he thinks he's got a chance of winning it?

When the battle hamster smells a possible Yusho , he will crank it up , unless his neck gives him issues.

• Like 1

The Day 13 torikumi is out. Unsurprisingly they've not forgotten about Tsurugisho yet, he gets Wakamotoharu. Takakeisho - Atamifuji as well, while it's still guaranteed to matter.

2 hours ago, specialweek 2 said:

Not totally sure but Yusho never been won by rikishi in 2nd basho makuuchi?

It's highly likely, but I couldn't find a record of that kind.

Atamifuji won Tobizaru, but he already had 5 losses. So he wasn't at his best in this basho.

And now it's going to get really hard.

7 minutes ago, Bunbukuchagama said:

Ichi is too good for Juryo, too bad for Makuuchi. 

Ichiyoyomoto

• Haha 2

Listening to the dohyoiri, Tobizaru is now the most popular among the fans, a bit more applause than for Asanoyama and Wakamotoharu. Among the ozeki, Hoshoryu has a slight lead.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1