Edwardoho

Tickets for the 11 February 1-day tournament?

Hello, 

Does anyone know where tickets can be bought from for the one day tournament that is being held in Tokyo on 11 February. I looked on PIA but it seems to require a Japanese phone number.

I'm hoping there is an official source so that i can avoid the mark-up (admittedly relatively small) on buysumotickets.com.

Also, does anyone know the most popular website for resellers? I'm looking for tickets for the last 2 days of the January basho. Perhaps yahoo?  

Many thanks! 

It was a while ago, but when I bought from PIA and traveled to Japan later to pick up the tickets from 7-11, I just put the Emperor's Palace address and public phone number in the info boxes and nobody complained.

You can get free package forwarding addresses in Japan, so that might be safer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Tsuchinoninjin said:

It was a while ago, but when I bought from PIA and traveled to Japan later to pick up the tickets from 7-11, I just put the Emperor's Palace address and public phone number in the info boxes and nobody complained.

You can get free package forwarding addresses in Japan, so that might be safer.

It seems that these days you need to make a confirmation call from the japanese phone number you enter. 

On 19/12/2023 at 05:08, Edwardoho said:

It seems that these days you need to make a confirmation call from the japanese phone number you enter. 

I discussed with some people and generally they maintain phone numbers thru services getting support from family/friends already in Japan to 'prove' residence.

There's also virtual Japanese phone numbers available online, but I haven't and nobody I know have tried them.

Stubhub seems to have tickets, even some ringside tamari-seki. This is technically not allowed, so if you are unlucky you could get denied entry.