Posted (edited)

Drrring..drrrring.

"Isegahama beya, Miyagino speaking.."

Sadogatake: "So you're manning the switchboard now?"

Miyagino: "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.."

S: "Is Isegahama in?"

M: "Yes, but he's writing his weekly report on my progress ."

S: "I gather everybody is satisfied?"

M: "Sure, except for the 4 guys who left Sumo altogether and the tall guy who shall lean aimlessly no more.. Too bad about Ootani, but I hear he's trying out for the Dodgers.."

S: "Tell Isegahama to call me back ASAP. We have some drunken underaged at Nishonoseki to deal with now."

M: "I hear you are planning on punishing Nishonoseki by making him merge with the new Nakamura beya- this I'd like to see.."

S: "No, we'll just let his new guy take the yusho. Again. This I'd like to see.."

M :"So when will I be able to go home?"

S: "To Mongolia?"

M: "You know what I mean.."

S: "Darvish?"

M: "OK, that was really aiming high."

S: "Do you play GTB?"

M: "No, but I watch De TV.."

S: "Probably sounds better in Mongolian.."

This is an invitation to play GTB, in case you thought hoped I am locked away somewhere.

25 years, 156th basho, maybe. Please play. Game rules: Guess the Banzuke. Simple. You get two points for a bulls-eye and one point for just getting the rank right. You get no points for being halkf-naked. Tiebreakers - Most total guesses, then we check the banzuke backwards - getting the lower half right will be important.  The most correct guesses in the last ten places will win the tiebreaker. If still tied, we go up a ranking at a time like a penalty shootout. If still tied, I will build and they will come. It's up to you to check if you are on the list of entries. Additionally, it's up to you to check if  your entry was accepted and did not go missing in the Internet void. No late entries will be expected or accepted. The entry process is very simple and fully automated so don't be put off by thinking this is technically complicated in any way. The game itself - very complicated indeed. AND, there is an excellent helper graciously made by Chiyotasuke to make all our lives easier- all links right under this.

For rules that will never be changed, standings and early retirement schemes : http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

For the nifty entry form, which will hopefully continue to do what it's intended to do : http://sumodb.sumoga...b/GTBEntry.aspx

For Chiyotasuke's incredible helper: https://gtbhelper.vercel.app/

For the archives: http://sumodb.sumoga...gtbarchive.aspx

See if you are on the entry list: http://sumodb.sumogames.de/gtb/GTBEntryList.aspx

Deadline: Monday, June 24th, 2024  at 18:00 GMT ("Gimme more towbell"  - PLEASE NOTE-THIS IS ONE WEEK BEFORE THE OFFICIAL BANZUKE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Deadline: Monday, June 14th, 2024  at 18:00 GMT ("Gimme more towbell"  - PLEASE NOTE-THIS IS ONE WEEK BEFORE THE OFFICIAL BANZUKE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

I thought the banzuke was out July 1st? Also, the 14th is a Friday, did you mean the 24th?

Suddenly I have turned into Nishikigi: solid mid-level maegashira who has somehow fluked his way into sanyaku. Can't take this pressure!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/06/2024 at 17:49, Tigerboy1966 said:

Suddenly I have turned into Nishikigi: solid mid-level maegashira who has somehow fluked his way into sanyaku. Can't take this pressure!!!!

Don’t worry I had a computer randomize the banzuke a million times a second until it kind of followed by the numbers and then submit that, and it did better than I do now without it…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bunbukuchagama said:

SumoDB is down? I cannot submit my entry.

You seemed  to have succeeded in the end. The site is unstable, as i always warn, so entering last-minute is never a good idea.

Posted (edited)

Can I post my guess by mail to you, Kinta?

retried and successfully submitted :-)

Edited by Wamahada

If you can't get your guess in on the site, you can send  it to me privately, as always.

6 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

If you can't get your guess in on the site, you can send  it to me privately, as always.

I found a brief window last night.

The website says 13:00 EST which is in 19 minutes, or 18:00 GMT which is 1 hour and 19 minutes from now. Do I have an hour to submit?

Why leave it litterally till the last minute and be now in this situation ?
What could have changed from, let's say; last week ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@KintamayamaI have emailed you a screenshot of my online form submission at 17:36 GMT (I'm sure the accuracy of my predictions will render this a moot point, but I didn't want to take 2 consecutive kyujo). If there's any interest in taking a direct submission from chiyo's form to your database I'd be happy to try and facilitate that in the next two month iteration.

EDIT: I was closing out tabs 12 minutes later and happened to re-submit which succeeded this time, ten minutes before the deadline. So I see my name on the list of submissions now.

1) the offer still stands to help facilitate the submission process

2) after you submit, the light green text flashes your email address that is not the same address where email goes if I click the link at the bottom (I am pretty sure the link at the bottom is the correct email, but the email that shows up in the light green text is probably your inbox that died a few years back).

Edited by Hoshotakamoto

4 hours ago, Reonito said:

I found a brief window last night.

The real challenge is managing to submit your guess, it seems. :-D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Athenayama said:

And not agonize about a couple of minor options for many weeks?

What kind of player are you?! :-D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Athenayama said:

Sorry but shouldn't you be on the beach for weeks straight until submitting at the last second? Why did you leave the beach to make your GTB entry early?

Deadline has passed meanwhile. How many entries do we have?

35 minutes ago, Tsuchinoninjin said:

Sorry but shouldn't you be on the beach for weeks straight until submitting at the last second? Why did you leave the beach to make your GTB entry early?

I submitted 2 days ago. ;-)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hoshotakamoto said:

@KintamayamaI

2) after you submit, the light green text flashes your email address that is not the same address where email goes if I click the link at the bottom (I am pretty sure the link at the bottom is the correct email, but the email that shows up in the light green text is probably your inbox that died a few years back).

Will try to fix this.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wamahada said:

Can't access the site at this time to check that..

Edited by Kintamayama

1 hour ago, Wamahada said:

Argh, feels like I should have another week or two at least. Too busy lately!