Sign in to follow this  
Jakusotsu

Move training reports to Honbasho Talk?

Is keiko part of the basho?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should the training reports be moved from Ozumo Discussions to Honbasho Talk?

It's some kind of weird tradition here that training reports are placed in the Ozumo Discussions section, although its subtitle clearly states "except for the happenings in the ongoing or imminent basho".

I think it's about time to rectify that, isn't it?

• Like 1

Before I vote, perhaps a little discussion on how I browse this forum. In the first month I discovered this haven of sumo information, I was kind of put off by the old-fashioned forum interface that buries information behind many clicks. Since then, I have figured out that the pace of this forum as a whole is very manageable and have been browsing at least once a day via a bookmark to the "Activity" or "discover" page, which simply lists all thread activity across the forum for me to pick and choose what I read as I like.

Does anyone else browse this way? Are there advantages to actually interfacing with the category system I am missing?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Yarimotsu said:

Before I vote, perhaps a little discussion on how I browse this forum. In the first month I discovered this haven of sumo information, I was kind of put off by the old-fashioned forum interface that buries information behind many clicks. Since then, I have figured out that the pace of this forum as a whole is very manageable and have been browsing at least once a day via a bookmark to the "Activity" or "discover" page, which simply lists all thread activity across the forum for me to pick and choose what I read as I like.

Does anyone else browse this way? Are there advantages to actually interfacing with the category system I am missing?

Thanks

Yeah I just browse via "Unread Content" except for a couple of individual topics I want to follow closely during a basho, like Promotion/Demotion.

• Like 2

Me, I start clicking on the topic title at the right of each section with unread content, which automatically takes me to the last unread post, and from there I use the "Next unread topic" at the lower right to go on.

So yes, I'm taking a glance at everything (which I already did before becoming moderator). But I'm sure everyone does it differently.

Like @Reonito, I tend to simply click "Unread Content" and read threads I'm interested in. In general I have no idea which subforum an individual thread is in. Accordingly it makes no difference to me, so I went with Britney Spears. That said, I do appreciate the rule-based approach of "if basho related, then basho", so if pressed would likely lean "yes". 

• Like 1

Same thing (or even more so..) could be said about Juryo promotions and retired lists. I'm probably partly to blame for that, but if we rectify, let's add this to the bag.

On 06/09/2024 at 00:26, Jakusotsu said:

Me, I start clicking on the topic title at the right of each section with unread content, which automatically takes me to the last unread post, and from there I use the "Next unread topic" at the lower right to go on.

So yes, I'm taking a glance at everything (which I already did before becoming moderator). But I'm sure everyone does it differently.

I do it this way as well.