Sign in to follow this  
Kaikitsune Makoto

Sharpened pencil

Whenever I sharpen a pencil with a pencil sharpener, I am always filled with strangely positive thoughts concerning the concept of "pencil". Sharpened pencil is very good tool for writing and sharpening revives an old ugly pencil very conspicuosly. Even the old stubby pencils at the back of a secondary drawer can be rejuvenated into proud tools of writing. Usually I use pens but every single time I sharpen a pencil, my respect for pencils grows 6-fold. Currently sitting here after having lined up 14 pencils in a neat row on the table after sharpening them. All pencils are sharpened and look like a elite force ready to attack into a fortress.

It is annoying though when the tip of the pencil is separate from the trunk and hovers indiscretely ready to break at any moment. Such pencils irritate me a lot and I never use those unless I have to. Too light carbs in the pencil also brings goosepumps and aversion reaction. Too light mark is unsatisfying, it must be dark enough to make an impression on a white sheet of paper.

Everyone should sharpen their pencils every day. That way pencils remain stout representatives of traditional times and don't fade into relique-status. Long live pencils!!!!! Banzai banzai banzai!!!

Sharpened pencils are the feather pens that were dipped into ink of the modern kanji studying age. Sharpened pencil is overwhelming champion of kanji studying tools. It is a humble moment when one writes for example "gi" (of kaigi for example) on a white piece of paper, tonque sticking out from the side of the mouth, eyes concentrated on the task, sharpened pencil in hand writing a character of Japanese language and brain (zunou) forming synapses and memory traces of that particular movement the hand makes and the shape that appears on the paper. Sharperned pencil is the only revered enough writing tool to practise the delecate skill of kanji!

And it is extremely important to emphasize that the pencil must be SHARPENED. Calligraphy is another thing and has different goals and is another matter altogether.

Pay respect to your pencils and take them out today and sharpen them. It won't take too much time and you might fall into quixotic memories of your school days when you used a pencil to practise romanji letters (or hiragana if you were a Japanese little human).

Pencil is not like a typewriter. Pencil is eternal. Sharpened enpitsu + Kaikitsune Makoto => ki ga au

I have a drawing class I'm taking at my college so I quess I know how you feel. I have to use various types of pencils. From 4H to 4B my pencils are ready to attack a piece of paper at a moments notice. It's pretty cool what you can make with just a few marks on something that used to be a tree. In fact it's almost like wood knocking on wood. It's good luck. It's art. It's peotry.

(Now I have to get back to work before I completely loose my mind.)

I don't like the smell of sharpening pencils. The wood flakes are fine, but the graphite dust makes my skin crawl.

Webster defines pencil likes this:

Etymology: Middle English pensel, from Middle French pincel, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin penicellus, alteration of Latin penicillus, diminutive of peniculus brush, from diminutive of penis tail, penis

1 : an artist's brush

2 : an artist's individual skill or style

3 a : an implement for writing, drawing, or marking consisting of or containing a slender cylinder or strip of a solid marking substance b : a small medicated or cosmetic roll or stick for local applications

4 : a set of geometric objects each pair of which has a common property

5 : something (as a beam of radiation) long and thin like a pencil

Everything is somehow connected to sex. Even the Japanese "enpitsu" is an anagram of "penis tu". Now I understand your fascination with pencils much better, sir.

Edited by Kintamayama

Everything is somehow connected to sex. Even the Japanese "enpitsu" is an anagram of "penis tu". Now I understand your fascination with pencils much better, sir.

"elite force ready to attack into a fortress." indeed...