Sign in to follow this  
Guest Akatabi

Hakuho vs. Miyabiyama day 13 Kyushu 05

Guest Akatabi

While it may not be textbook sumo, Hakuho vs. Miyabiyama impressed me as a spirited oshi battle with some footspeed I didn't realize Miyabiyama posessed. Not that one would ever call Miyabiyama graceful (Kintaro's phrase "hog on ice" is never out of my memory), but fun to look at it again.

Indeed. Miyabiyama is hideously hard to topple, when he seems determined. His problem (if he even sees that as a problem) is his tendency to fall down when nobody seems to be touching him.

I'm still totally flabbergasted how Hakuho managed to lose that bout in such ridiculous fashion when he already had Miyabi panting like a steam train on liquid nitrogen. (In a state of confusion...)

I'm still totally flabbergasted how Hakuho managed to lose that bout in such ridiculous fashion when he already had Miyabi panting like a steam train on liquid nitrogen. (In a state of confusion...)

Miyabiyama, The Little (Eh?) Engine that Could

post-99-1132938815_thumb.jpg

Toot toot! (Blushing...)

Actually it was hakuho that totally ran out of energy. He was totally out of breath in the last few seconds.

Maybe the few extra kilos he put on since he first entered sanyaku is having a bad effect on him.

Edited by Zuikakuyama

ov 25, 2005, 12:23' post='70185']

Actually it was hakuho that totally ran out of energy. He was totally out of breath in the last few seconds.

Maybe the few extra kilos he put on since he first entered sanyaku is having a bad effect on him.

I agree big time. You could see Hakuho run out of steam about halfway through and Miyabiyama was fine. That wasn't the first time this basho that Hakuho showed poor fitness, part of why I love to malign him.

Tetsuzukiyama

http://bernie.users.geeky.net

I agree big time. You could see Hakuho run out of steam about halfway through and Miyabiyama was fine. That wasn't the first time this basho that Hakuho showed poor fitness, part of why I love to malign him.

Hakuho's upper body is very weak....and needs lot of muscle development. He's easily pushed by stronger opponents and only his elasticity helps him sometimes.

In every basho, Hakuhou has at least three bouts he should have won-in some, he inadvertedly steps out first; in others, he thinks his opponent is already out, but he isn't. Doesn't anyone remember this??

In every basho, Hakuhou has at least three bouts he should have won-in some, he inadvertedly steps out first; in others, he thinks his opponent is already out, but he isn't. Doesn't anyone remember this??

I remember one with Hayateumi last year. But for today's bout he had no control all. That's the difference.